Type of Visa: Conference Visa
Period: For the duration of the conference or seminar
Foreign passengers should ensure that they are in possession of valid Indian Visa before they start their journey to India except nationals of Nepal and Bhutan who do not require visa to enter India and nationals of Maldives who do not require visa for entry in India for a period up to 90 days (a separate Visa regime exists for diplomatic/official passport holders).
The Consular Passport and Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs is responsible for issuance of Indian visas to the foreign nationals for their visit for various purposes. This facility is granted through various Indian missions abroad.
Visa fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice. The High Commission reserves the right on granting and deciding type/duration of visa irrespective of the fees tendered at the time of making application. Granting of Visa does not confer the right of entry to India and is subject to the discretion of the Immigration Authorities.
Visa Application Form: Visa application form is available at the office of Indian Embassy in the country.
Procedure for obtaining Visa: Visas can be applied for in person or by post at the High Commission of India based in the country from where the candidate intends to depart for India.
Requirements for Visa: Generally the following documents are required for obtaining Indian Visa. However, the requirement may vary from country to country.
- Original passport valid for at least 6 months
- Visa fee
- Two passport size photographs
- Supporting documents, where necessary
- Invitation letter will be sent by the secretariat
- Duly completed application form
- Approval letter from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) and Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD). These documents can be downloaded by clicking on the corresponding buttons provided. A Ministry of Home Affairs clearance is NOT required for citizens of most countries. Check the document titled MHA clearance. You do not need to submit the “State Clearance” document. However, we recommend saving a copy on your smart phone in case it is requested during travel.
Note: MHA Clearance is only required under following parameters as mentioned
(a) Events involving participants from the Prior Reference Category (PRC) countries i.e. Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistan Iraq and & Stateless persons.
(b) Events where participants are required to visit ‘Restricted’ or ‘Protected’ areas in India, or areas affected by terrorism militancy and extremism etc. Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern State (other than the States of Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland).
Delegates from Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, Foreigners of Pakistani Origin and Stateless persons We need to obtain prior and specific approval for attendees who are from Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, foreigners of Pakistani origin and Stateless persons; Those who are in this category, please approach conference secretariat at the earliest, but before 90 Days from the conference date with the following information. Please send a copy of the passport.
- Father’s /Husband Name
- Passport No.
- Place of Issue
- Date of Exp.